The functions of the Governing Council are to support the school leadership team in the Governance of the school by:
- Providing a focus and forum for involving the parents and school community
- Setting the broad direction and vision of the school
- Being involved in the development, monitoring and review of the strategic plan
Governing Council is not involved in the daily management of the school. It is the Principal and school’s leadership team responsibility to:
- Lead the development of teaching and learning programs
- Set teacher and class allocations
- Monitor individual student achievement
- Manage student wellbeing and discipline
- Manage all staff
Parents are elected for a two-year term to the Council at the Annual General Meeting held in the first term of each year. All members of the school community are eligible to attend the Annual General Meeting and to vote on any matters proposed for resolution.
2019 Governing Council members:
Principal – Di Burrell
Parent Representatives – Victoria Wallis-Smith (Chair), Patrick Allan (Deputy Chair), Todd Ballinger (Treasurer), Sarah Guthrie (Secretary), Debbie Wood, Vanessa Carne-Cavagnaro, Emma Fletcher, Tim McPhee and Kristian Maynard.
Parents and Friends Representative – Kate Canaway
Old Scholars Representative – Kerrie Davies
Teacher Representatives – Clare Rodger and Kellie Di Maria
Meeting dates for 2019
The Governing Council meets twice a term, these dates can be found on the school calendar. All members of the school community are welcome to attend Governing Council meetings in the capacity of observers.
Governing Council sub-committees
Reporting to the Governing Council are the following committees:
- Finance Advisory Committee
- Education Committee
- OSHC Committee
- Canteen Committee
- Parents and Friends Committee
- Old Scholars Committee
Any parent of the school community is welcome to nominate for one or more of the sub-committees. This is a great opportunity to become an active participant in the decision making and governance of the school within the Constitutional bounds of the Governing Council.
Please email email@example.com to:
- express interest in being involved in a Governing Council sub-committee
- to contact a member of the Governing Council or
- to request information from the Governing Council or one of the sub-committees.