Update – Interstate Travel Restrictions 14 July 2020
We understand that COVID-19 is creating a lot of questions and uncertainty for both parents and students. On the Rose Park PS padlet linked below, you will find resources for your wellbeing and also to assist with your child’s understanding and anxiety around COVID-19, and ways you can support them.
Frequently Asked Questions
Should my child attend school?
The advice from the Australian Health Protection Principal Committee (AHPPC) and the Federal Government is that “attendance at a school campus for education represents a very low health risk to students” and that students are strongly encouraged to attend on campus.
My child is attending school. What will the program look like?
At this time, all students will engage in the Online Learning Program either at home or on campus. Students attending will be taught by their usual teachers in their usual classrooms.
How will attendance be managed through this period?
Classroom teachers have been provided with a procedure to record attendance.
Please advise the school, in the normal way, if your child will be absent from school, or will not be able to participate in the Online Learning Program from home.
What should my child bring to school?
Students should bring their device (Y4-7), lunch and recess, and a water bottle as per normal. The canteen will be operational in Week 2 for lunch orders only.
How will the School support physical distancing and promote good hygiene measures?
In recent days there has been an easing of restrictions around physical distancing in schools, preschools and early childhood services, with the following advice issued by the Australian Health Protection Principal Committee (AHPPC):
The AHPPC does not believe that the following is appropriate or practical in classrooms or corridors:
- maintaining 1.5m between students
- the ‘venue density rule’ of no more than one person per four square metres.
The AHPPC continues to note that there is very limited evidence of transmission between children in the school environment, and population screening overseas has shown very low incidences of positive cases in school-aged children.
Rose Park Primary School will continue to operate within this advice, with the addition of the following good practice measures:
- Parents/caregivers are strongly encouraged to make use of all available outdoor spaces when waiting to collect children from school, and to maintain a safe distance from others where possible. We also ask that parents/caregivers remain outside of buildings during pick up and drop off times.
- There will be no Assemblies at this time.
- Continuing with the good hygiene measures introduced in Term 1 for the safety and wellbeing of our community. We will continue to promote and reinforce good hygiene practices among staff, students and visitors and students will continue to be encouraged to wash their hands with soap and water before eating. Hand sanitiser will be available in all classrooms.
- Increased cleaning measures will remain in place, including a cleaner during school hours to sanitise high-touch surfaces.