The purpose of the Finance Advisory Committee (the Committee) is to advise the Governing Council of Rose Park Primary School about budgetary and financial matters. The Committee:
- reviews the preliminary budget prepared by the site leader, including the anticipated income for the next 12 months (from normal transactions and fundraising), proposed expenditure, and details of funds held for any special purpose
- examines and monitors revenue and expenses.
- reviews the school budget variances regularly
- makes recommendations about the materials and services charge, the extent of school fundraising and, if relevant, works with the fundraising committee, as well as advising on investments and cash returns
- reviews the register of assets.
- advises on internal controls.
- reviews the payment of salaries and other entitlements to people employed by council
- makes sure that funds are only used for school-related purposes.