Assessment & Reporting
At Rose Park Primary School, we believe assessment is integral to all teaching and learning. It is central to the PYP goal of thoughtfully and effectively guiding students through the five essential elements of learning:
• the acquisition of knowledge
• the understanding of concepts
• the mastering of skills
• the development of attitudes
• the decisions to take action
Rose Park Primary School’s approach to assessment recognises the importance of assessing the process of inquiry as well as the products of inquiry. Students and teachers are actively engaged in assessing the students’ progress as part of the development of their wider critical thinking and self-assessment skills.
The assessment component in the school’s curriculum can itself be subdivided into three closely related areas.
• Assessing – how we discover what the students know and have learned
• Recording – how we choose to collect and analyse data
• Reporting – how we choose to communicate information
For more information please see our Policies and Procedures page for the Assessment and Reporting Policy.