Chairperson

Anthony Alexopoulos

I am the dad of Christina in year 5 and we have been a Rose Park PS family since 2016. I have been participating in Governing Council and subcommittees in various capacities since 2019.

I originally joined council to assist where I could, drawing on my professional financial, accounting, audit and operational management experience. 

What keeps me coming back is the community spirit displayed by the numerous parent and teacher volunteers who tirelessly devote their time and energy to enhance our school’s environment. 

If you have read this far I encourage you to enrich your child’s school environment by volunteering your time in any capacity you have available whether it be as a volunteer in school sport, class reading, supervision aid on excursions or of course the sub committees of the governing council. 

Deputy Chairperson

Michelle Morris

We have been a RPPS family since 2015.  We have Lachlan Ling in Year 5. Our daughters, Charlotte and Eloise, transitioned from RPPS to high school.

I joined Governing Council in November 2020; this is my second consecutive term on GC. This year I am Co-chairing the Environment and Facilities Committee with Amrinder Singh. We have a very exciting year ahead as we continue to implement projects that will transform the indoor and outdoor learning environments at RPPS. 

I am passionate about my children’s education, and I believe that parents have a significant role to play in the education of every child that attends RPPS. 

In my experience, RPPS parents are supportive, caring and keen to participate in our school community as parent representatives, as coaches and managers of co-curricular sport, and as members of the GC and RPPS committees.

I am friendly and approachable, and I have a good sense of humour.  Please feel free to contact me with any questions, concerns or feedback.

Secretary

Tim White

My family and I have recently moved to Adelaide following a number of years living and working in India and China.  We have two girls, in Year 5 and Year 2. 

My professional experience is in executive leadership, strategic management, business development and project delivery.  I currently serve in a senior executive role with South Australia’s Department for Trade and Investment. 

I’m looking forward to making a contribution to operations, performance and community culture of Rose Park Primary School, including by lending some of my professional expertise and personal drive. 

Treasurer

Melanie Maughan

My name is Melanie Maughan and I am the mother of Jacob in Year 5 at Rose Park Primary School. We have been members of the school community since 2018 when we returned from 17 years living in London. Before our return to Adelaide we spent a lot of time researching schools for our children and decided that Rose Park was exactly what we were looking for with its smaller size, community feel and IB Primary Years program. Both our children had attended an IB school in London and we found the inquiry based learning to be an ideal base to their knowledge building journey through life.

In my professional life I have been a Chartered Accountant for 22 years, and a Fellow of the Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CAANZ) for the past 12 years. I am passionate about the profession and in my spare time I am also on the Corporate Sector Panel for CAANZ to ensure Chartered accountants in the corporate sector have access to training and professional development and the opportunity to network with their peers.

I am currently Financial Controller for Living Choice Australia, who build and operate independent living Retirement Villages across SA, NSW and Qld with 10 currently operating and 4 new Villages due to commence construction this year. A very exciting company to work for and part of an industry with ever increasing demand that I am learning a lot about. Previously I have worked mostly in the property finance space for retail, not-for-profit and public health organisations in Adelaide and London.  

I have been supporting the school as a volunteer parent member on the Finance Committee since 2019 and I joined the Sports Committee in 2021 through my Netball Co-ordinator volunteer position. I joined the Governing Council to continue building the strong relationship that has been formed with the school community. Keeping open lines of communication between school leadership and parents is key to continuing this relationship and supporting the school to grow and prosper for the benefit of our children, and those families that follow us.

Parent Representative

Heidi Bunce

I am mum to Easton who is in Year 3 at Rose Park Primary School. I am passionate about education, both at school and OSHC. 

I love the community we have at RPPS and enjoy being part of it. 

I am Practice Manager at a busy orthodontic practice with a background in sales and marketing. I love to meet and engage with people so please feel free to get in touch with any questions or comments. I’d love to chat with you. 

Parent Representative

Sitwat Khan

My name is Sitwat Adil Khan, and I’m the mother of Ebrahim, who is currently in Grade 3. Our family moved to Australia in 2020, just two weeks before the borders closed due to COVID-19.

I hold a Master’s in International Relations from Pakistan and a Diploma in Early Childhood Education from Australia. Currently, I work as an Educator. Before relocating here, I enjoyed a decade-long career in electronic media with some of the leading TV channels. I started as a journalist with a news network, where I was actively involved in field reporting and documentary production. Eventually, I transitioned into a managerial role, leading teams and spearheading the conceptualisation and production of entertainment-based format shows. Notably, I produced an educational quiz show tailored for schoolchildren.

As a parent, I am deeply committed to fostering meaningful relationships within the school community. This is my first time serving on the Governing Council, as the Chairperson of the Policy and Advisory Committee and as the parent representative of the Out of School Hours (OSHC) sub-committee. I look forward to learning about the workings of the council and being part of its incredible collaborative efforts. I also aim to contribute with my experience, adding value to the school community.  

Parent Representative

Amrinder Singh

I’m excited to be part of the Governing Council team, I have two kids in Year 4 and Year 6 at RPPS. I am a sports enthusiast and passionate about kids all-round development. I have a MBA in Finance and Mathematics Honors from Delhi University, India. 

I’m a startup mentor and founder of three companies based in Australia, USA and India. Having lived in multiple countries and experienced different schooling systems, I understand the importance of the IB Primary Years program as it helped my kids to easily transition into the existing school curriculum at RPPS.

Based on 18 years of experience in leadership and management roles, I’m looking forward to making a contribution to the governing council team and growing school community. Please feel free to reach out to me for any suggestions or feedback. 

Parent Representative

Annie Viriyapreeda

I am proud to serve as a Governing Council Member and a parent representative of the Education sub-committee and the After School Sports sub-committee at Rose Park Primary School. Our family embarked on the journey with RPPS in 2019, a year after relocating to Adelaide. We were immediately impressed by the high level of parent engagement in the school community.

As a parent, I am deeply committed to building a meaningful life for ourselves and the next generation, and I am passionate about contributing to the educational experience of young children. The IB program equips students with essential qualities to become responsible and engaged individuals in our ever-changing world. I am committed to bringing diverse perspectives and ideas and contributing meaningfully to ensure an inclusive environment. 

I am a mother of four children, with my oldest recently starting university this year. My second and third children are currently in high school, previously RPPS students. My youngest is in Year 4 at RPPS.

Parent Representative

Janaka Wijekoon

I am the father of Janara Wijekoon, a Year One student at Rose Park Primary School.

I love engaging with the RPPS community and helping in any possible way I can with my expertise and strengths. I believe that education does not only come from books but also through engagement and exploring paths we have never been to.

Professionally, I am researching in the field of Smart Systems for Smart Societies and teaching in the tertiary education sector.

Old Scholars Chairperson

Kerrie Davies

I am a recently retired plant pathologist.  My late husband Richard attended RPPS in the 1950’s, and our two boys (Andrew and Stuart) in the 1980’s/90’s.  I was chair of the then School Council for three years, at a time when we were fighting for more land for the school yard, and have been involved with Old Scholars since then.  I co-authored the School History, published in 1993.

Please contact me if you have any queries about Old Scholars and memories or memorabilia you would like to share.

Parents & Friends Chairperson

Katherine Gronert

I have been a parent at Rose Park for over 4 years and all 3 of my children attend the school. I am currently Chairperson of a most wonderful group of people who make up the Parents & Friends Committee.

With more than 15 years experience in the field of Education, I have spent many of those years teaching in Primary Schools in Australia and England. After undertaking the role of Deputy Headteacher in the UK, I returned to Australia and became involved in the Art and Science of Teaching. This is a research based approach to Teaching and Learning. This framework gave me the opportunity to work 1:1 with Teachers in schools and to lead Professional Development sessions for Teaching staff.

I am passionate about learning and believe deeply in the importance of the school community and their ability to facilitate the learning journey. I am excited to combine both my role in Parents & Friends and the Education Sub-Committee to bring the school community together in their understanding of learning and to share with you all the wonderful things our school is doing!